Your presentation at the Aachen Colloquium
Aachener Kolloquium Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik GbR
P.O. Box 10 02 11
October 8th – 10th, 2018
Facts about the Aachen Colloquium
- About 1.800 paticipants from over 25 countries
- 100 technical presentations
- More than 65 exhibiting companies
- Vehicle tests on the test track
- Traditional banquet
- Attractive social program for attendee guests
Length of presentation
20 minutes + 10 minutes of discussion
Language of the presentation
German or English (simultaneous translation)
Please note, that presentation slides can only be accepted in English. All presentations are translated simultaneously between English and German.
In case you use the organizer’s laptop for the presentation, please do not directly include film sequences, but hand these in as separate file. If you are using non-standard fonts, please provide the technicians with the appropriate font file.
To simplify the preparation of the technicians, please hand in the technical equipment form on time.
Please note the following design guidelines:
- Optimized presentation in 16:9 format
- Not more than 20 slides
- High contrasts and big fonts
You will be supported by professional technicians on site. Please take the opportunity to test your presentation the evening before or during the breaks together with the technicians. If you will use your own laptop, please contact the technicians at least 30 minutes before the session starts.
The organizer of the Aachen Colloquium will publish proceedings containing all manuscripts. With the acceptance of the presentation, the speaker commits to hand in such a manuscript. The manuscript needs to be formulated. The publishing of presentation slides is no option. The authors are solely responsible for the accuracy of the contents of manuscripts and presentations.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of the manuscript as Word and PDF document
- Language of the manuscript: solely English
- The proceedings will be printed in DIN A5 format, your A4 document will be reduced accordingly
- The print will be in black & white
- The use of the provided template is obligatory
- Note the guidelines within the template
- The organizer reserves the right to change the layout
- The manuscript should contain 8 to 36 pages
Registration for the Colloquium
- The participation in the colloquium is free of charge for the first named speaker! You will register the speaker during the presentation confirmation. The name tag and vouchers for lunch, evening event, etc., will be available at the name tag counter.
- The participation in the colloquium for co-authors is not free of charge and strictly requires a separate registration!
Information on simultaneous translation
All oral presentations will be simultaneously translated by professional interpreters. By following some basic rules you can help to ensure that your paper will be translated in an optimal manner:
- Submission of all necessary documents for preparation of the translators on time
- Avoid quick or unclear speaking
- If there are additional speaker notes, you can also hand these in for the preparation of the translators
Marketing and Distribution
- The contents of the proceedings can be purchased in print form, as a digital copy or in form of access rights.
- Authors will not participate financially in the profit of the sales resulting from their manuscript.
- Price information and order forms are available on request.
Exclusion of competition
It is not permitted that the content of the presentation and the manuscript have been published elsewhere in the form in which they are submitted to the Aachen Colloquium.
Assignment of rights
By confirming its acceptance of a manuscript, the Aachen Colloquium Automobile and Engine Technology obtains unlimited usage rights for reproduction and distribution in all currently known forms and for all kinds of use cases.
Republication of extracts
Subsequent publications (even in extracts) elsewhere by the author will be permitted by the organizers on prior request, whereby the source of original publication by the Aachen Colloquium Automobile and Engine Technology must be correctly cited.
We need your curriculum vitae for the introduction by the session chairman and for the preparation of the translators. Please use the form.